Dual-interface prelaminated inlays incorporate an antenna serving the contactless interface of a single chip equipped with both contact and contactless interfaces.
Design & Applications
With dual-interface inlays it is possible to access the same chip using either a contact or contactless interface with a very high level of security. Two interfaces operate in compliance with two different standards: contact interface with ISO / IEC 7816, contactless interface with ISO / IEC 14443. These two interfaces share the same microprocessor chip, operating system and EEPROM.
The chip of the dual interface inlays is embedded in an outer layer of PVC, PETG or polycarbonate in the same position as in contact cards.
- Very reliable and robust plastic package
- High reading distance optimized to each chip
- Materials: PVC, PETG, PC
- Colour: white (other colours upon agreement)
- Different sheet formats are available 1 × 5, 2 × 5, 3 × 6, 3 × 7, 3 × 8, 3 × 10, 4 × 10 up to 640 × 520 mm, others upon request
Examples of application
- combination of physical & logical access
- public transport – markets requiring a card with multiple interfaces and a larger memory and higher security compared to a standard contactless card